The Upper Gate (alternatively East Gate) is adorned by the arms of the Prince Elector. The figure 1694 marks the date the building of the wall was completed. However, the defences were of little use to the residents of the Saigerhütte.
While they had been trained to use weapons by the forester and there were spears and muskets in the manor house, the Saigerhütte was occupied by Austrian forces during the War of the Bavarian Succession (1778/79). They burned down some of the buildings.