This old house with its partially preserved half-timbered façade was built for Christoph Lange when he held the office of judge within the bounds of the Saigerhütte.

His initials, CL, and the year 1611 are engraved in the main truss which is decorated with organ pipe designs.

The deed of feudal tenure granted by the manorial lords, the brothers Berbisdorff auf Lauterstein, mandated jurisdiction to Hans Leonhardt. He was authorised to pass judgement on and punish transgressions within his territory, with the exception of criminal cases incurring penalties of life and limb.