The Hüttenpforte was erected in the 17th century.
When the Uthmann family acquired the Saigerhütte in the year 1550, the site already seemed to have taken on the characteristics of an ensemble of buildings combining production and residential accommodation. It developed into a self-sufficient community that also had municipal features.
Originally, a wooden barrier was deemed sufficient for the enclosure of the territory. This was later replaced by palisades. However, the events of the Thirty Years War revealed their inadequacy so that, between 1656 and 1694, a stone perimeter wall with loopholes and gates was built.
In 1993, the Hüttenpforte was renovated as part of the reconstruction work on the Saigerhütte site.