The Alte Faktorei (Former Factor’s House) was built in 1604 for Faktor Eymer.
In 1848, the school began using the ground floor, while the teacher and the officials lived upstairs.
After the construction of the new school building on Rothenthaler Strasse in 1886, the sales premises of the F.A. Lange retail cooperative moved into the ground floor. The staff at the smelting works were able to buy goods at a reduced price and received a dividend.