The area selected by Hans Leonhardt for the construction of the Saigerhütte was part of the Lauterstein estate. On 24th June 1537, a contract of sale was signed for “einen Raum obendig Olbernhau an Iltgen Grundigs rein anhabende bis an die Bemische grenntz” (an area extending from Olbernhau to the Bohemian border).
Among the privileges granted to Saigerhütte was the right of the inhabitants to self-provisioning. The hunting of rabbits and the use of the land for keeping chickens was permitted.
In 1538, Leonhardt acquired three ‘hides’ (between 450 and 900 acres) of land on the other side of the Bohemian border from the manorial lord, Sebastian von der Weitmühl auf Komotau. Here, too, he was granted the customary legal rights, including the hunting of deer, rabbits and game birds.
In 1909, the large barn was hit by lightning and burnt down. It was reconstructed as a brick building in the same architectural style as the other turn-of-the-century buildings.
The original barn had probably dated from around 1537/38.
Today, this historic building is occupied by the Spiel- und Erlebniswelt Stockhausen indoor play centre.