Opposite the Upper Gate (East Gate) and just outside the perimeter wall, there is the Forester’s House which dates back to 1610. From here, the forester was able to keep watch over the log boom and charcoal pile opposite the copper hammer mill on the Bohemian side of the river. The Natzschung was used to float down some of the timber required at the Saigerhütte, where it was heaved out of the water using a heavy wooden rake.