The Flöhahammer was built in 1604 on the other side of the Flöha river opposite the Neuhammer. Its dimensions considerably exceeded those of the two older hammer mills (Althammer and Neuhammer).
The Flöhahammer shed was damaged by fires in 1630 and 1645, both caused by operator negligence.
In 1779, the capacity was increased by installing a double hammer. Three ‘broad’ hammers and a roundhead hammer for hollowing worked the tough-pitch copper into medium-size pans and plates.
In 1865/66, a metal refinery was built onto the shed. After further extensions and conversions, the Flöhahammer shed fell victim to the Great Depression. It subsequently became a cultural venue.