Next to the Westtor (western gate), just inside the Saigerhütte complex, there is a wooden building. This was constructed in 1881 as a bowling alley for the office staff to provide a welcome source of recreation in this otherwise rustic setting.

The lounge of the former bowling alley is now used as a workshop for wooden products. The rear part of the building was demolished in 2002.