As well as the hammer sheds, the Saigerhütte complex also included a blacksmith’s forge. It adjoins the perimeter wall behind the workers’ cottages. It was used to produce iron fittings for the foundry and hammer shed and to sharpen tools.
The forge is thought to have been leased since 1567/68. The forge fire was on the ground floor, and there were two family dwellings on the first floor.
The forge was closed in 1867. It was converted into accommodation with three apartments.
The forge is currently in private ownership and is undergoing extensive renovation.