Haus des Anrichters (Assayer’s House)

Dating back to 1586, this splendid building with its magnificent windowed gable and bay window is known by two names – Haus des Schichtmeisters or Haus des Anrichters, both of which can loosely be translated as Assayer’s House. Anrichter was the title bestowed on the senior official who set up the smelt and oversaw operations

After privatisation in 1837, the building underwent multiple conversions.

Since October 1997, the Haus des Anrichters and the Hüttenschänke tavern have formed part of the „Hotel Saigerhütte“.